• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rajala

Rajala

17 hours ago, Jurjen said:

Haven't heard of that for molded chocolates, I assume you spread a thin layer on the guitar sheet then while it's still warm you invert it on top of the mold and press down?

Yeah, that's a trick when the filling is very very soft. And then scrape the mould "through" the sheet. As Jim describes. I really don't think it's hard though, I succeeded with it on my first attempt. Maybe there was some chocolate left around one of the bonbon, but nothing that I really recall.

Just make sure that the mould isn't cold.

Rajala

Rajala

17 hours ago, Jurjen said:

Haven't heard of that for molded chocolates, I assume you spread a thin layer on the guitar sheet then while it's still warm you invert it on top of the mold and press down?

Yeah, that's a trick when the filling is very very soft. And then scrape the mould "through" the sheet. As Jim describes. I really don't think it's hard though, I succeeded with it on my first attempt. Maybe there was some chocolate left around one of the bonbon, but nothing that I really recall.