• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

26 minutes ago, dhardy123 said:

The inside of a Payday:

BTW there is a copycat recipe out there that uses peanut butter chips, marshmallow and condensed milk...never tried it though

payday.thumb.jpg.aa16e31d07517144e1a03f211dc24f0e.jpg

So it is a darker color than I remembered. I really didn't remember a Payday being that dark inside so maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly all-around. I do know for sure there was no peanut butter flavor in the center so the copycat recipe isn't going to be accurate.

Edit: I'm thinking a nougat would work just fine. I'm not trying to make a Payday, just capture the general idea of one. The center just needs to be tasty and able to support the caramel and peanuts, it's not really the star of the bar in my opinion.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

16 minutes ago, dhardy123 said:

The inside of a Payday:

BTW there is a copycat recipe out there that uses peanut butter chips, marshmallow and condensed milk...never tried it though

payday.thumb.jpg.aa16e31d07517144e1a03f211dc24f0e.jpg

So it is a darker color than I remembered. I really didn't remember a Payday being that dark inside so maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly all-around. I do know for sure there was no peanut butter flavor in the center so the copycat recipe isn't going to be accurate.