• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

17 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

A bit of reading leads me to a caramel nougat - wonder when you would add caramel to the nougat?

Not sure because I've never noticed anything caramel-like about the center itself. It's white and doesn't have any caramel flavor that I can distinguish. But that's keeping in mind that the center is dipped in caramel and then coated in salted peanuts so the caramel coating may overtake any caramel flavor in the center itself.

Edit: actually, the more I think about it, I'm not sure the center is white. I guess I need to order a couple to refresh my memory, that may make this a lot easier. :D

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

14 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

A bit of reading leads me to a caramel nougat - wonder when you would add caramel to the nougat?

Not sure because I've never noticed anything caramel-like about the center itself. It's white and doesn't have any caramel flavor that I can distinguish. But that's keeping in mind that the center is dipped in caramel and then coated in salted peanuts so the caramel coating may overtake any caramel flavor in the center itself.