• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

7 hours ago, pastryani said:

Nice work @curls!  What did you use for the red stripes on the gold hearts?  At first I thought it was red cocoa butter, but the lines are too clean (and there are no drops).  Then I thought white chocolate with red cocoa butter, but for me that's resulted in pink, not red... so I'm intrigued. 9_9 

Thank you @pastryani! I did use white chocolate with red cocoa butter - add enough and you don't wind up with pink.

Just saw that keychris answered too... and guessed correctly.

curls

curls

7 hours ago, pastryani said:

Nice work @curls!  What did you use for the red stripes on the gold hearts?  At first I thought it was red cocoa butter, but the lines are too clean (and there are no drops).  Then I thought white chocolate with red cocoa butter, but for me that's resulted in pink, not red... so I'm intrigued. 9_9 

Thank you @pastryani! I did use white chocolate with red cocoa butter - add enough and you don't wind up with pink.