• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

1 hour ago, Shel_B said:

That's what my thought has been.  So, does the large mass really keep interior temps from fluctuating, or is that a myth?  Many people talk about it but, as yet, I've not come across anything definitive, such as a test done by a reputable organization or individual.  Personally, I believe it to be true, but have yet to see something that proves it.

The cumulative refrigerator on/off time, it makes not much difference by the quantity of food inside the refrigerator.

The heat gain/loss is only determined by the R factor  of insulation, which cannot be changed by food inside.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

1 hour ago, Shel_B said:

That's what my thought has been.  So, does the large mass really keep interior temps from fluctuating, or is that a myth?  Many people talk about it but, as yet, I've not come across anything definitive, such as a test done by a reputable organization or individual.  Personally, I believe it to be true, but have yet to see something that proves it.

It makes not much difference the quantity of food inside the refrigerator.

The heat gain/loss is only determined by the R factor  of insulation, which cannot be changed by food inside.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

1 hour ago, Shel_B said:

It makes no difference the quantity of food inside the refrigerator.

The compressor will be on/off exactly the same.

dcarch