• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best restaurant/foodie experiences in Corfu

Hey all, we will be heading to Corfu for 4 days in early June for a short break. As ever we normally plan our holidays and excursions around the best foodie experiences at our destinations!

Looking through Chowhound we couldn't see any recent recommendations for Corfu island in Greece so hoping that some more recent visitors can pass on some useful advice!

Basically we are looking for the best restaurants, cafes, tavernas, local produce, cheeses, wines, farms or anything else a foodie might be interested in!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Rick

I'm very sorry I can't offer any current or substantive suggestions as to places to go, just wanted to throw this out there - if you haven't read it - is Lawrence Durrell's Prospero's Cell.  I'm not as big a fan of his fiction, which I find overwritten to some extent, but I'm really fond of his non-fiction travel writing.  Among them, Prospero's Cell is exceedingly beautiful in its narrative of the life, land and sea of the island. 

Granted, from another, more innocent time, but I just wanted to toss it out as you might draw some enjoyment from it, before your trip.  Happy travels.

-Paul

Remplis ton verre vuide; Vuide ton verre plein. Je ne puis suffrir dans ta main...un verre ni vuide ni plein. ~ Rabelais