• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Miele 15 inch modular gas wok burner: flame pattern?

johan

I am thinking of radically changing my cooking layout, and am thinking of using the miele 15" gas wok burner as the centerpiece. I do a lot of wok cooking, but my GE 36" cooktop is not great for this application.

I am concerned about flame shape: I really want this to be a focused flame suitable for woks, as a contrast to the unusable wide ring of flame that my existing stove puts out. The GE measures a lot of BTUs, but since the flames shoot out rather than up, only the widest pans capture all of the heat, and this flame pattern is the opposite of the focused heat at the bottom of the wok that you want for proper wokking.

Does anyone have the Miele? Can you take a picture of the flame pattern with a wok in place?

Any other suggested burners?  I am also curious about the wok-mon insert, but that remains kickstarter vaporware for now. Pre-orders only since 2014.