• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from Australia

Cronker

Hello members 

I found this forum from a link on ChefTalk.  I'm not a chef myself, but a very keen amateur with over twenty years in the industry as FOH management.

For about fifteen of those years, I worked in the big chains - Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott.  At one point I was with Compass in the mobilisation team.

I more recently decided to get out of that system and explore pubs, wine bars and restaurants- many of which I also helped open.

i look forward to discussing with you all aspects of cooking and restaurant life.

• Like 2

It seems very much so!

As a new member to any forum that I join, I always troll through the old discussions first, just to see the tone of the place.

i have been reading some very funny, insightful and educational threads.

And I have found myself chuckling, nodding in agreement, and ready to post a reply to six year old threads!

thank you for the warm welcome, now back to you regular viewing (well done steak?)