• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Welcome to eG, @mikkidonaldson!  Can you say a little more about the "simple but elegant" part of your request for breakfast menus?  On the simple side, is this something that needs to be prepared and eaten very quickly? You mention that you don't know how to cook well - are you interested in learning new skills or should suggestions stick only to the most basic things?  Do you have time for a little prep either in the AM or the night before?  

By "elegant," I think I can assume that we're not eating this in the car :D  but I'm not sure what else that means.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Welcome to eG, @mikkidonaldson!  Can you say a little more about the "simple but elegant" part of your request for breakfast menus?  On the simple side, is this something that needs to be prepared and eaten very quickly? You mention that you don't know how to cook well - are you interested in learning new skills or should suggestions stick only to the most basic things.  Do you have time for a little prep either in the AM or the night before?  

By "elegant," I think I can assume that we're not eating this in the car :D  but I'm not sure what else that means.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Welcome to eG, @mikkidonaldson!  Can you say a little more about the "simple but elegant" part of your request for breakfast menus?  On the simple side, this something that needs to be prepared and eaten very quickly? You mention that you don't know how to cook well - are you interested in learning new skills or should suggestions stick only to the most basic things.  Do you have time for a little prep either in the AM or the night before?