• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from North Carolina!

Hello from North Carolina!

I’ve lurked here for many years, finally joining. So first, thanks for all the good advice I’ve read here over the years! You are a kind and generous community. I’m a voracious learner, and look forward to even more insights and information from you. 

I have some pretty unique experience in the culinary and hospitality worlds, including work in residential and inpatient eating disorder treatment (using food, the garden and the kitchen in treatment and recovery) and with inmate culinary students, work release and post-release transition. I am most interested in the intersections of food and community, and love the way food brings people together to our common humanity and enjoyment. So I hope I can add something to the conversation here!

On my career trajectory, I’ve found that the more I chef’d, the less I got to cook. So now that I’m consulting full time, I have more inclination to go back to the kitchen, and that’s been fun : )

Working with culinary entrepreneurs is the primary focus of my consulting practice, which covers a wide range… or as my mother used to say, “a multitude of sins”.

~ Dani

• Like 2

Welcome!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown