• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Death of Carol Field, The Italian Baker at age 76

Anna N

Here

Sad news.  I know she has a number of fans on eG. 

I'm sorry got her name wrong in the title.  It is Carol Field. 

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I loved her books; her writing was so inviting and her recipes are wonderful to work from.  I have all of her cookbooks and realized yesterday how happy I was that I never loaned them out to friends who asked; because I feared not getting the book returned and not being able to replace them (I'm still annoyed at not getting back my copy of Jack Ubaldi's Meat Book after loaning it to a chef-in-training.  And Nick Malgieri's Great Italian Desserts).  I am glad her spirit will live on in her writing and she will continue to bring joy, by way of cooking, into the lives of her fans.

• Like 3