• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Still suffering from the result of my fall at the weekend, but I managed to stumble and stagger to the nearest supermarket this morning. It took me about three times longer than usual and every step was painful. But, at least, I managed. I couldn't yesterday. Thankfully, my angel friend J brought me some sustenance last night.

Tonight, out of necessity, I kept it simple. A starter of salmon sashimi. Doesn't get any simpler.

salmon.thumb.jpg.702d2d9de8906b9611d0aa9a3202f7bd.jpg

The supermarket I went to isn't my favourite by far, but they were able to provide a de-boned chicken breast and some button mushrooms. I cut the chicken into chunks and marinated those with Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, garlic, chilli and potato starch. Browned them in the wok then added the mushrooms and some chicken stock from the freezer. Left to simmer while I cooked some rice.

chicken.thumb.jpg.cb32218a0650bfa7883157264ad1fa89.jpg

Finished with some "flowering" garlic chives. Was a lot better than I expected. There was some sauce which I added after taking the picture. Lubricated the rice nicely.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Still suffering from the result of my fall at the weekend, but I managed to stumble and stagger to the nearest supermarket this morning. It took me about three times longer than usual and every step was painful. But, at least, I managed. I couldn't yesterday. Thankfully, my angel friend J brought me some sustenance last night.

Tonight, I kept it simple. A starter of salmon sashimi. Doesn't get any simpler.

salmon.thumb.jpg.702d2d9de8906b9611d0aa9a3202f7bd.jpg

The supermarket I went to isn't my favourite by far, but they were able to provide a de-boned chicken breast and some button mushrooms. I cut the chicken into chunks and marinated those with Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, garlic, chilli and potato starch. Browned them in the wok then added the mushrooms and some chicken stock from the freezer.

chicken.thumb.jpg.cb32218a0650bfa7883157264ad1fa89.jpg

Finished with some "flowering" garlic chives. Was a lot better than I expected. There was some sauce which I added after taking the picture. Lubricated the rice nicely.