• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sartoric

sartoric

1 hour ago, FauxPas said:

@sartoric, this looks delicious (as do all of your Indian meals). I'm wondering if you follow a recipe for your tomato chutney and if you can share? That dosa looks beautiful, too! 

Thank you @FauxPas, the best thing is my husband is raving about vegetarian food and losing weight.

Regards the recipe, I have so many indian food sites and books that I couldn't be sure of the exact recipe. This one had tomatoes and onion ground together in my mixie, there were mustard seeds and curry leaves spluttered in sesame oil, then the raw tomato onion mixture added and simmered a bit. There were probably other spices, I do recall tamarind was in there somewhere. The aim is to get confident enough to just make it off the cuff. I'm getting there !

sartoric

sartoric

35 minutes ago, FauxPas said:

@sartoric, this looks delicious (as do all of your Indian meals). I'm wondering if you follow a recipe for your tomato chutney and if you can share? That dosa looks beautiful, too! 

Thank you @FauxPas, the best thing is my husband is raving about vegetarian food and losing weight !

Regards the recipe, I have so many indian food sites and books that I couldn't be sure of the exact recipe. This one had tomatoes and onion ground together in my mixie, there were mustard seeds and curry leaves spluttered in sesame oil, then the raw tomato onion mixture added and simmered a bit. There were probably other spices, I do recall tamarind was in there somewhere. The aim is to get confident enough to just make it off the cuff. I'm getting there !