• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

This recipe from the book, Samarkand, caught my interest (particularly  because I had a vacuum pack of chestnuts that were ageing quietly in my pantry).  I no longer remember why I bought them.  It definitely brought to mind South African  Bobotie.  image.jpeg.7d9ac8ad3629025467424a785be0bd87.jpeg

image.jpeg.a17ae699ab3b13f101d07fa3c506edfe.jpeg

I mostly adhered to the recipe although I did halve it and while I began to defrost the chicken with a view to cooking it on the stove, I quickly realized I could throw it into the Instant Pot. In the end I found the dish rather disappointing. 

Anna N

Anna N

This recipe from the book Samarkand caught my interest (particularly  because I had a vacuum pack of chestnuts that were ageing quietly in my pantry).  I no longer remember why I bought them.  It definitely brought to mind South African  Bobotie.  image.jpeg.7d9ac8ad3629025467424a785be0bd87.jpeg

image.jpeg.a17ae699ab3b13f101d07fa3c506edfe.jpeg

I mostly adhered to the recipe although I did halve it and while I began to defrost the chicken with a view to cooking it on the stove, I quickly realized I could throw it into the Instant Pot. In the end I found the dish rather disappointing.