• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food waste assignment, thinking innovative.

HTGC

Hello! 

We´ve been given an assignment at the culinary school, a little fun project. 
A woman creating jams, syrups and such asked us to find a way to use her leftover products after her ordinary production. 
It's tomato skin and a fermented apple ice wine. 

My immediate thought was the route of a marinate. It's almost summer, and the BBQ season is arriving. 
A reduction of the ice wine combined with a tenderised tomato skin (blended, obviously) mixed with a variety of herbs and such.

Anything I could keep in mind? I'm thinking a sort of honey and sage based glace (Sage and pork is excellent friends and we in Denmark do like our pork!). Looking for an all around taste including the 5 different (bitter, salt, sweet, sour and umami). Food usually brings the umami taste, but I still did consider including a sort of mushroom taste to the  marinade as well. 

Burned garlic, honey, tomato, sage, apple(wine), mushroom and lemon zest? Or even fermented garlic. 

I'd love to hear thoughts about this!

And have a beautiful day

HTGC.