• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

liuzhou

Fruit

1 hour ago, lindag said:

Actually I bought that juicer because I watched Ms Garten use it.  And, yes, it is quite noisy but very efficient and space saving.  I also have the big-ass Breville juicer which is very nice but a space hog.  I use my little Braun most of the time since it stores so easily.

BTW, that Braun was dirt cheap but I don't think it's available any longer.

Is the Braun the one that Ina used? Whatever she used is no longer available, but apparently this is a really close match:

https://www.cassandraskitchen.com/products/all-citrus-juicer

My little B&D has similar measurements. About six inches in diameter and nine inches at its tallest point. It's lightweight so easy to get in and out of a cupboard. It will do anything from small limes right up to large grapefruit and it cost me maybe $15 or so. I have a real fondness for it, homely and noisy as it may be.   🙂

@Toliver, the juice really is lovely. We're having Screwdrivers for our NYE cocktails, I think! 🥃🍹🎉🎇

• Like 1

A nice display of fruit in the market this morning considering it's a freezing day in the dead of winter.

582170925_fruit(Large).thumb.jpg.79028ff5dbd0c37f0622b8251a4bbdf8.jpg

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

山楂 (shān zhā) Chinese haws - Crataegus pinnatifida

Hawberries.thumb.jpg.1001b07b40e61625915ec190af41d7c5.jpg

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 2