• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

On 8/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, blue_dolphin said:

I'll be interested in hearing what variety you have.  I love peaches and O'Henry is one of my favorite varieties, too.  

We looked for our stand today but it wasn't there, kind of like Brigadoon.    Several miles later, already in Lodi, DH said, "I'm going back."    So we retraced our route and a mile or so east off Victor did find the signs on the ground.    DH mumbled a bit about options and then drove to the head off their driveway, saw a person further in.    They were tenants of a second house bur took DH to the main house, where the owner happily showed DH what his wife had picked this morning.    Just one tree, thought to be an Elberta.    This makes sense since that was the peach of my childhood.    DH bought 10 and the nice man tossed in 4 more, and added, "Stop by anytime."     We won't do that, but we will certainly be back..

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

On 8/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, blue_dolphin said:

I'll be interested in hearing what variety you have.  I love peaches and O'Henry is one of my favorite varieties, too.  

We looked for our stand today but it wasn't there, kind of like Brigadoon.    Several miles later, already in Lodi, DH said, "I'm going back."    So we retraced our route and a mile or so east off Victor did find the signs on the ground.    DH mumbled a bit about options and then drove to the head off their driveway, saw a person further in.    They were tenants of a second house bur took DH to the main house, where the owner happily showed DH what his wife had picked this morning.    Just one tree, thought to be an Elberta.    This makes sense since that was the peach of mu childhood.    DH bought 10 and the nice man tossed in 4 more, and added, "Stop by anytime."     We won't do that, but we will certainly be back..