• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 8/13/2019 at 3:57 PM, Margaret Pilgrim said:

No, but we plan to stop on the way home and see if they have more and if the stand is manned we will ask.     It's close to an o'Henry.      Great texture, round sugar and acid balance.   

I'll be interested in hearing what variety you have.  I love peaches and O'Henry is one of my favorite varieties, too.  

Here's a sign I've posted before from my favorite farmers market peach vendor, Tenerelli Orchards, showing some of the peach varieties in the order that they ripen for the market.  

IMG_1215.thumb.jpg.2521b5bdd0638e692906dfbc923aa8d8.jpg

They are located in the Antelope Valley area of LA County,  a bit SE of Palmdale.  This year, due to the mild spring and early summer weather, their stone fruits are ripening later than usual.  Today, they had mostly Elegant Lady peaches with a few boxes of July Flame and Fancy Lady that are a little past peak - recommended for immediate consumption or using in recipes.  They told me their O'Henry's are still about 3-4 weeks away.

I'm snacking on one of those July Flame peaches right now:

IMG_1221.thumb.jpg.e499917765aef4785b8bb6cf39d7dc55.jpg

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 8/13/2019 at 3:57 PM, Margaret Pilgrim said:

No, but we plan to stop on the way home and see if they have more and if the stand is manned we will ask.     It's close to an o'Henry.      Great texture, round sugar and acid balance.   

I'll be interested in hearing what variety you have.  I love peaches and O'Henry is one of my favorite varieties, too.  

Here's a sign I've posted before from my favorite farmers market peach vendor, Tenerelli Orchards, showing some of the peach varieties in the order that they ripen for the market.  

IMG_1215.thumb.jpg.2521b5bdd0638e692906dfbc923aa8d8.jpg

They are located in the Antelope Valley area of LA County,  a bit SE of Palmdale.  This year, due to the mild spring and early summer, their stone fruits are ripening later than usual.  Today, they had mostly Elegant Lady peaches with a few boxes of July Flame and Fancy Lady that are a little past peak - recommended for immediate consumption or using in recipes.  They told me their O'Henry's are still about 3-4 weeks away.

I'm snacking on one of those July Flame peaches right now:

IMG_1221.thumb.jpg.e499917765aef4785b8bb6cf39d7dc55.jpg