• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today, I picked up a small bunch of these. As you  can see they are small bananas. I'm wondering if they have a standard or common name in English. I know the local Chinese name, but Mr.Google is not helping.

I bought some ripe ones to eat now and some green ones which will hopefully be ready when I get back from a two or three day trip I'm setting out on in the morning.

banana2.thumb.jpg.fe4363c8aa237ddf4c4cd5d5ac1ef6ed.jpg

banana1.thumb.jpg.2572c238b64cae34e141f6230b609059.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today, I picked up a small bunch of these. As you  can see they are small bananas. I'm wondering if they have a standard or common name in English. I know the local Chinese name, but Mr.Google is not helping.

I bought some ripe ones to eat now and some green ones which will hopefully be ready when I get back from a two or three day trip I'm going off on in the morning.

banana2.thumb.jpg.fe4363c8aa237ddf4c4cd5d5ac1ef6ed.jpg

banana1.thumb.jpg.2572c238b64cae34e141f6230b609059.jpg