• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

to make sense

3 hours ago, sartoric said:

The local growers market this morning. I am very lucky to live in a fertile area with a subtropical climate.

Me too. In fact your market looks a lot like mine, although the fruit selection is ever so slightly different. No limes or sapodilla for me.The major difference is that your place displays prices. Markets in China rarely do. In fact, I'm now struggling to remember if they ever do. Market shopping requires haggling over amounts so tiny that I wouldn't even trouble myself to bend down to retrieve it, should I drop that much cash. It's all just a game.

Interesting that the bell peppers are on the fruit stall. That doesn't happen here. The only anomaly we get is that cherry tomatoes are always sold by the fruit people while other tomatoes are sold by the veg vendors.

(Yes, I know they are technically fruits.)

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, sartoric said:

The local growers market this morning. I am very lucky to live in a fertile area with a subtropical climate.

Me too. In fact your market looks a lot like mine, although the fruit selection is ever so slightly different. No limes or sapodilla for me.The major difference is that your place displays prices. Markets in China rarely do. In fact, I'm now struggling to remember if they ever do. Market shopping requires haggling over amounts so tiny that I would even trouble myself to bend down to retrieve it, should I drop that much cash. It's all just a game.

Interesting that the bell peppers are on the fruit stall. That doesn't happen here. The only anomaly we get is that cherry tomatoes are always sold by the fruit people while other tomatoes are sold by the veg vendors.

(Yes, I know they are technically fruits.)

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, sartoric said:

Me too. In fact your market looks a lot like mine, although the fruit selection is slightly different. The major difference is that your place displays prices. Markets in China rarely do. In fact, I'm now struggling to remember if they ever do. Market shopping requires haggling over amounts so tiny that I would even trouble myself to bend down to retrieve it, should I drop that much cash. It's all just a game.