• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Kim Shook

The Ladies Who Lunch (Part 3)

56 posts in this topic

Nope.  The beer was cold.  No worries on the liver. It was my dinner yesterday evening and my lunch today.  I took care of every last crumb for you.

2 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I will join Ana in her liver endeavors; Iron makes you strong!

Speaking of which, I had some excellent calfs liver from Cumbrae's not long ago, as well I found one of the merchants at the organic farmers market I frequent sells big bags of the most amazing chicken livers for $4!  Port and carm. onion pate worked out quite nicely!

1 person likes this

Out to lunch yesterday with a friend yesterday - Anna opted not to join us. She'll be sorry when she sees the pictures. Placed called the Brux House.

IMG_4417.jpg.4da3185bbe4c87e0440e2867715532f5.jpg

Grilled calamari, lovely crispy chickpeas adorned it.

IMG_4418.jpg.9c1a4a4ae64f0637ec8303fd7af6f76a.jpg

Parsnip soup for me

IMG_4421.jpg.ede452f7fd38526662fae37e5f103638.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg.bd64de73e5d6170fc34b740fda5a64ce.jpg

Moule frite for Francis.

After lunch and a long gab we wandered through the market. 

8 people like this

Sooooo

@Kerry Beal

you took a Kitty Bag to 

@Anna N  

as she's working with Her Abby ?

the KittyBag is of course not for the kitty ...

maybe one of those Mighty Fine  soup plates  would be good

did you ask for one to take home ?

I love plates that are made for restaurants just like that old fashioned Soup-plate- bowl ;

IMG_4418.jpg.9c1a4a4ae64f0637ec8303fd7af6f76a.jpg.8eca676cd8d9a27c523dde83a6fb0d87.jpg

3 people like this

Today on the spur of the moment, Kerry decided we needed haircuts.  After sorting out with the Humane Society the pick up of my foster roomy for a medical, we headed out to Burlington.   After haircuts, we decided lunch was in order and we were only moments from Amaya.

image.jpeg.1c6bcdad08c5a1d8a6969c32d9bb3f93.jpeg

Vegetable pakoras. Quite different than any I have had before but very good.  

image.jpeg.26ca08f2af5c816f616dcf55a1ec2d26.jpeg

Naan with ghee. 

image.jpeg.4cecd98be4fc27c74deb4cd3f44cabf0.jpeg

Saag paneer, lamb curry and basmati. 

Too much food for two of us so I have at least one more meal in my refrigerator!

As I was slipping the naan into a plastic bag to keep it from drying out, I couldn't help but "steal" a couple more pieces.

7 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog