• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Typos

These ladies planned to enjoy lunch together on Wednesday but the crush of work of one of us, and it wasn’t me, precluded that. So lunch got pushed to Friday. We decided on a place that @Kerry Bealhad driven past on a number of occasions. The Rose Garden Restaurant It’s so named because it is located very close to the actual rose garden of the Royal botanical Gardens. This restaurant has the most eclectic menu I think I have ever seen. It is basically a diner that has segued into the 21st-century.  However, we both stuck with pretty standard diner fare. 

Since Kerry was at work I called in the order so she could pick it up on her way over to my house. All seemed well until I received a phone call from a very frazzled restaurant employee. “She has got the wrong order!” I was asked to call Kerry and tell her to return the order she had and pick up the right order. From the sound of the employee’s voice she was bracing for a shellacking. I reassured her that Kerry was not the kind of person who would do that and she should just relax.

As both Kerry and I suspected our food had been sitting there now for far too long and although it was edible it did not really do justice to its potential. Oh well there are bigger worries! 

93324F5F-1F1E-4588-978D-4E3D4004B00E.thumb.jpeg.2abb4b194b69fc5e6e0d934146471ba0.jpeg

Kerry’s beef dip with fries, coleslaw and the requisite jus. 

0701E338-4BD5-4247-95C7-91537DF0C82A.thumb.jpeg.eddb02ecdec4f27b3cbecef708c0982c.jpeg

2C629591-4E99-43C9-AAE3-C011FF5F6CB2.thumb.jpeg.7aaad53f0cc564ce4aa10ad46aff9ee8.jpeg

My garden salad to accompany liver and onions. I had lots of leftovers and must say that the salad was very fresh. The fries suffered the most from the long delay. 

Anna N

Anna N

These ladies planned to enjoy lunch together on Wednesday but the crush of work of one of us, and it wasn’t me, precluded that. So lunch got pushed to Friday. We decided that @Kerry Bealhad driven past on a number of occasions. The Rose Garden Restaurant it’s so named because it is located very close to the actual rose garden of the Royal botanical Gardens. This restaurant has the most eclectic menu I think I have ever seen. It is basically a diner that has segued into the 21st-century.  However, we both stuck with pretty standard diner fare. 

Since Kerry was at work I called in the order so she could pick it up on her way over to my house. All seemed well until I received a phone call from a very frazzled restaurant employee. “She has got the wrong order!” I was asked to call Kerry and tell her to return the order she had and pick up the right order. From the sound of the employee’s voice she was bracing for a shellacking. I reassured her that Kerry was not the kind of person who would do that and she should just relax.

As both Kerry and I suspected our food had been sitting there now for far too long and although it was edible it did not really do justice to its potential. Oh well there are bigger worries! 

93324F5F-1F1E-4588-978D-4E3D4004B00E.thumb.jpeg.2abb4b194b69fc5e6e0d934146471ba0.jpeg

Kerry’s beef dip with fries, coleslaw and the requisite jus. 

0701E338-4BD5-4247-95C7-91537DF0C82A.thumb.jpeg.eddb02ecdec4f27b3cbecef708c0982c.jpeg

2C629591-4E99-43C9-AAE3-C011FF5F6CB2.thumb.jpeg.7aaad53f0cc564ce4aa10ad46aff9ee8.jpeg

My garden salad to accompany liver and onions. I had lots of leftovers and must say that the salad was very fresh. The fries suffered the most from the long delay.