• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! What'd ya have? (2017)

blue_dolphin

18 hours ago, lindag said:

I think you underestimate your skills, those little pies look amazing.

Yes, @CantCookStillTry,

I especially loved the π  (pi) symbol on your pie in the foreground of your image enough to look up how to type it, which is something I never do for diacritical marks, copyright symbol and and so on.

Welcome to eG!

It can take some time to find your footing here. It certainly did for me, because I have a terrible time thinking or writing linearly and seem to drift off topic. It caused me some consternation. It is worth it, because this is the best site I know to share culinary knowledge and ask for help with something in that area you are trying to figure out or perfect. 

• Like 2

> ^ . . ^ <

I had a Keema Pav for lunch. Keema Pav is an Indian street food dish and the translation is a Burger....Indian style.

For the record, this was not in the street but in a top Indian restaurant serving street food dishes.

We start with the fluffy bun which is screaming for some Nutella but instead is baked in house.

wdIRVFv.jpg

The bun is doused with butter

ZF0kRwq.jpg

and goes on the hot plate with the Lamb minced meat

fjDWhjz.jpg

The meat is spiced

m1Stb9O.jpg

And smashed

7fFyY2N.jpg

It goes on the bun

B1TnWC3.jpg

With more butter dousing of the finished bun

qgfj2QB.jpg

And then it takes a plate ride to my tummy 

VK7jnCA.jpg

You pick whichever condiments to go with your Keema Pav

jB4Jzkk.jpg

And some chillies for good balance

pPp4uzI.jpg

Finally, dessert with a Strawberry Cheesecake and mounds of cream pre and post vodka shots.

LY7ktRX.jpg

Enjoy.

Edited by Nicolai (log)
  • Like 17

IMG_1554.thumb.JPG.cf43a523cae319ff7323413f8dc01ef7.JPG

Roasted,  crushed and fried baby potatoes with cheddar cheese. 

• Like 14

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

On a work related road trip today and had lunch in a sandwich shop on the town square in the small town of Warren, AR. Discovered something I think may be lifechanging in the sandwich realm.

Ordered the turkey parmesan sandwich, which boasted decent deli smoked turkey, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and avocado. What elevated it was that the bread, a nice sourdough, been liberally buttered and SPRINKLED HEAVILY WITH GRATED PARMESAN BEFORE GRILLING.

Dear sweet Baby Jesus, that was marvelous.

• Like 11

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

IMG_1647.thumb.JPG.b81964b8b1f986152ec74fff6e9c94f5.JPG

Mini Basque cheese  and some onion jam.  The cheese was a gift brought back from Buffalo. 

• Like 6

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

IMG_1709.thumb.JPG.e4f9860c430bf4e0bf8378a8e64951bc.JPG

Home-baked bread brushed with olive oil and pan grilled before being scrubbed with garlic and tomato.   A large basil leaf and some shredded rotisserie chicken piled on and finally some diced tomato flesh and some more chopped basil to complete the construction. 

• Like 11

My 2004 eG Blog

I made a quick trip to town today for a manicure and decided to pick up lunch at KFC.

i've had some not-so-good food from that chain before bit I swear the one here puts out some darned good fast food.

i got the  chicken strips with mashed potato and gravy, biscuit, cookie and an extremely side of the coke slaw. Ranch for the dipping sauce.

it was great although the cookie was way too sweet for my tastes.

IMG_0046.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, home-cook said:

Does anybody else want to see inside the box?!

Not especially. 

• Haha 6

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, home-cook said:

Does anybody else want to see inside the box?!

Empty because I'd already eaten most of it.

And, because this is the first of my own photos that I've ever posted on egullet, it took a bit of dicking around to figure out how to do it.

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 3

Glad to be back.  It was a briefly scary night.  Really didn't know what to expect between big gusts and rain.  

We faired better than most. Taking a drive around the neighborhood  revealed many big  trees down.  Lawns scattered with debris.  Most without power.  Outside of the debris we never lost power and no trees down except a smallish palm at a 45 degree angle. All my big oaks lost terminal branches which littered the lawn and bamboo leaves thick everywhere.  Not my bamboos

• Like 9

1 hour ago, scubadoo97 said:

Glad to be back.  It was a briefly scary night.  Really didn't know what to expect between big gusts and rain.  

We faired better than most. Taking a drive around the neighborhood  revealed many big  trees down.  Lawns scattered with debris.  Most without power.  Outside of the debris we never lost power and no trees down except a smallish palm at a 45 degree angle. All my big oaks lost terminal branches which littered the lawn and bamboo leaves thick everywhere.  Not my bamboos

Good to hear you're okay Scooby.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, scubadoo97 said:

Not my bamboos

Doesn't quite have the same ring as "not my circus, not my monkeys." :P

Under the circumstances, though, we'll definitely take it. Glad you're okay. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

IMG_1734.thumb.JPG.5941ebe6c643de3bf49773b8c46e2342.JPG

Don't judge. I skipped breakfast to make an early morning dental appointment.  I'll leave everybody to  fill in any blanks.  Two days from now I'm told I'll be ready for real food again. xDxD

Edited to add:

It must've driven over a clam bed somewhere on the way to the store because there was no evidence that any clams were involved in its production. 

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

My 2004 eG Blog

I actually experienced Hurricane Donna when living in Orlando back in 1960.

that was when Orlando had a population of fewer than 50,000.

I haven't been back since but it must look VERY different today.

And I had to roll my eyes last night when David Muir, ABC Evening News, mispronounced Kissimmee.

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 1