• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

A live octopus for lunch.

YS6wUAH.jpg

A bit of a struggle to pick up the pieces with chopsticks as they wiggle constantly. One tentacle gets itself between the metal chopsticks in this photo. The tiny suckers also grip the plate so some strength is needed again if you want to eat it.

Bw4rkON.jpg

Another octopus goes into a pancake, a speciality of this city Busan.

JwiNAB5.jpg

The fish was alive 10 minutes ago...

euusoGw.jpg

The most important shellfish in Korean aquaculture industry and they come from here in the south.

4k2vejH.jpg

My octopus is not amused to be picked up, it however finds it amusing to squirt water at me.

YvNJjuO.jpg

According to the fishmonger this fish is in season at the moment. It's my sashimi now.

TVPqJtS.jpg

Korean eat a lot of oysters. I also.

a0QSBBN.jpg

---

Another lunch before boarding my train to Busan: "hangover stew with congealed blood".

ZSC5hps.jpg

I am a vampire.

zT2e4oo.jpg

Bibimbap with beef tartare.

ETAXf8U.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

A live octopus for lunch.

YS6wUAH.jpg

A bit of a struggle to pick up the pieces with chopsticks as they wiggle constantly. One tentacle gets itself between the metal chopsticks in this photo. The tiny suckers also grip the plate so some strength is needed again if you want to eat it.

Bw4rkON.jpg

Another octopus goes into a pancake, a speciality of this city Busan.

JwiNAB5.jpg

The fish was alive 10 minutes ago...

euusoGw.jpg

The most important shellfish in Korean aquaculture industry and they come from here in the south.

4k2vejH.jpg

My octopus is not amused to be picked up, it however finds it amusing to squirt water at me.

YvNJjuO.jpg

According to the fishmonger this fish is in season at the moment. It's my sashimi now.

TVPqJtS.jpg

Korean eat a lot of oysters. I also.

a0QSBBN.jpg