• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

23 minutes ago, kayb said:

Intriguing. Not a dish that would have occurred to me, but certainly one I'd like to try.

It took me a few iterations to make it work. The recipe I started from was mostly just pasta in ricotta, with chopped walnuts and pepper. I also once tried blending nuts with the ricotta but eventually concluded that the ricotta flavor and creamy texture both gets lost when used as a sauce, while the walnuts gets lost if mixed with the ricotta, so I ended up sort of switching their roles.

shain

shain

17 minutes ago, kayb said:

Intriguing. Not a dish that would have occurred to me, but certainly one I'd like to try.

It took me a few iterations over a long time to make it work. The recipe I started from was mostly just pasta in ricotta, with chopped walnuts and pepper. I also once tried blending nuts with the ricotta but eventually concluded that the ricotta flavor and creamy texture both gets lost when used as a sauce, while the walnuts gets lost if mixed with the ricotta, so I ended up sort of switching their roles.