• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

11 hours ago, Anna N said:

Well, @rotuts,  I got to tell you it was not tasty. Not a bit. I could’ve been eating anything.  I truly do not know where the problem lies. Perhaps the pork. Perhaps my taste buds. Perhaps it needs a sauce with a little fat in it to bring out the flavor. It was just flat.  Very, very flat. 

Please try dry-curing it for a day or two with pink salt. Gives it a gammon-ny touch and improves the "flat" flavour of non-heritage pork by a mile ...

Duvel

Duvel

11 hours ago, Anna N said:

Well, @rotuts,  I got to tell you it was not tasty. Not a bit. I could’ve been eating anything.  I truly do not know where the problem lies. Perhaps the pork. Perhaps my taste buds. Perhaps it needs a sauce with a little fat in it to bring out the flavor. It was just flat.  Very, very flat. 

Please try dry-curing it for a day or two with pink salt. Gives it a gammon-my touch and improves the "flat" flavour of non-heritage pork by a mile ...