• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

3 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Sounds like you had a really fun day, Nicolai, and a great lunch! Hope you got a nice tan.

Just for the record though, the "Smarties" are called M & M's over here. They are low quality milk chocolate in a hard, but thin, sugar candy shell with artificial colors. Yum, yum right? Still not as jarring as these super sour, chalky candies we call Smarties as an accompaniment to your otherwise delicious dessert. :)

Smarties may be different in your country. I didn't really think about that because the M&M's are so recognizable. Maybe they call them by a different name?

Actually you are right as these are clearly M&M's and not Smarties.

They look quite similar minus the M&M letters.

When at the movies, I usually get salted Popcorn and empty a bag of M&M's/Smarties on top of the warm Popcorn so it melts and is yummy to eat and crunchy. I wear a dark T-shirt to cover up for the mess on my top.

You should try it.

You know the joke about the Blonde who got a job at M&M as spellchecker!!!!

a-box-of-smarties-and-sweets-ccey12.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

3 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Sounds like you had a really fun day, Nicolai, and a great lunch! Hope you got a nice tan.

Just for the record though, the "Smarties" are called M & M's over here. They are low quality milk chocolate in a hard, but thin, sugar candy shell with artificial colors. Yum, yum right? Still not as jarring as these super sour, chalky candies we call Smarties as an accompaniment to your otherwise delicious dessert. :)

Smarties may be different in your country. I didn't really think about that because the M&M's are so recognizable. Maybe they call them by a different name?

Actually you are right as these are clearly M&M's and not Smarties.

They look quite similar minus the M&M letters.

You know the joke about the Blonde who got a job at M&M as spellchecker!!!!

a-box-of-smarties-and-sweets-ccey12.jpg