• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I had a duck carcase with some attached meat so made a stock with that and an onion and some ginger.

Strained it then stripped meat from carcase. Put stock through muslin to fully strain, then added the duck meat, chopped potato* and carrot, shiitake mushrooms and jujubes. Lots of white pepper for a kick. Served with home made soda bread. A meal soup.

*I have loved duck and potato together since I was served a duck hotpot which contained potato in a roadside shack in China some twenty years ago.

soup.thumb.jpg.79dea6bd394be796263135fb2fc41016.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I had a duck carcase with some attached met so made a stock with that and an onion and some ginger.

Strained that then stripped meat from carcase. Put stock through muslin to fully strain, then added the duck meat, chopped potato* and carrot, shiitake mushrooms and jujubes. Lots of white pepper for a kick. Served with home made soda bread. A meal soup.

*I have loved duck and potato together since I was served a duck hotpot which contained potato in a roadside shack in China some twenty years ago.

soup.thumb.jpg.79dea6bd394be796263135fb2fc41016.jpg