• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typos

I don't know what I had for lunch.

no name fish.jpg

In the supermarket they were labelled 黄尾鱼 which means yellow tail fish. That is only slightly more helpful than just 'fish', but with their being literally dozens of fish varieties called yellowtail, I'm still don't know what they are.

But I bought some anyway. When the woman weighed and priced my selection, I noticed that the barcode sticker she printed read "金丝鱼“ or "gold thread fish". Again this name appears to be given to many different species, none of which look like these.

Whatever they are they made a nice lunch. I gutted them, salted them then deep fried them whole. In less than a minute they were good to go.

A bit of lemon juice and I had a very satisfying lunch with some home made bread and butter on the side. I ate six of the critters. They are only 16cm / 6.3 inches long.

fried fish.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

typos

no name fish.jpg

In the supermarket they were labelled 黄尾鱼 which means yellow tail fish. That is only slightly more helpful than just 'fish', but with their being literally dozens of fish varieties called yellowtail, I'm still don't know what they are.

But I bought some anyway. When the woman weighed and priced my selection, I noticed that the barcode sticker she printed read "金丝鱼“ or "gold thread fish". Again this name appears to be given to many different species, none of which look like these.

Whatever they are they made a nice lunch. I filleted and gutted them, salted them then deep fried them whole. In less than a minute they were good to go.

A bit of lemon juice and I had a very satisfying lunch with some home made bread and butter on the side. I ate six of the critters. They are only 16cm / 6.3 inches long.

fried fish.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

no name fish.jpg

Whatever they are they made a nice lunch. I filleted and gutted them, salted them then deep fried them whole. In less than a minute they were good to to.

A bit of lemon juice and a very satisfying lunch with some home made bread and butter on the side. I ate six of the critters. They are only 16cm / 6.3 inches long.

fried fish.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

no name fish.jpg

Whatever they are they made a nice lunch. I filleted and gutted them, salted them then deep fried them whole. In less than a minute they were good to to.

A bit of lemon juice and a very satisfying lunch with some home made bread and butter on the side. I ate six of the critters. They are only 16cm long.

fried fish.jpg