• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

7 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Well, since we ARE discussing tuna and I have a tunafish salad sandwich probably once a week for lunch, I should also say that I utterly detest hot canned tuna.  Like tuna casserole.  I had never tasted it until I was an adult and in the early, poor years of our marriage I tried making it.  Mr. Kim said that it tasted like every one he'd ever eaten.  I was appalled that anyone could stomach it.  Years ago, Mr. Kim's mom served us a lunch of curried tuna casserole (her invention).  The suspiciously reddish color of the tuna reminded me of nothing more than 9 Lives.  She is very frugal and frequents the kinds of stores that sell de-labled canned goods for almost nothing and to this day, I believe that we ate cat food casserole.

Kim

freshly poached tuna that has been flaked...,freshly cooked egg noodles...sautéed mushrooms... béchamel with a touch of nutmeg ....mix together and top with  crushed potato chips........

OHHHHHHH KayB reminded me those frozen petit pois need to go in there

suzilightning

suzilightning

6 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Well, since we ARE discussing tuna and I have a tunafish salad sandwich probably once a week for lunch, I should also say that I utterly detest hot canned tuna.  Like tuna casserole.  I had never tasted it until I was an adult and in the early, poor years of our marriage I tried making it.  Mr. Kim said that it tasted like every one he'd ever eaten.  I was appalled that anyone could stomach it.  Years ago, Mr. Kim's mom served us a lunch of curried tuna casserole (her invention).  The suspiciously reddish color of the tuna reminded me of nothing more than 9 Lives.  She is very frugal and frequents the kinds of stores that sell de-labled canned goods for almost nothing and to this day, I believe that we ate cat food casserole.

Kim

freshly poached tuna that has been flaked...,freshly cooked egg noodles...sautéed mushrooms... béchamel with a touch of nutmeg ....mix together and top with  crushed potato chips........