• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Reed & Thistle

Reed & Thistle

My copy lists the Black Russian (exactly as I have written it above) on page 29 between the Biltrong Dry Cocktail and the Black Velvet.  The Russian as you have described is the bottom of page 138.  There is no White Russian.  One thing worth noting which may be of interest is I have encountered another variation in the Savoy's printings.  My copy, the first pages of Cocktails (Page 16 and 17) are different than those appearing on the online amazon preview. My edition lacks the three Absinthe cocktails with page 16 having only the Abbey and the Addington (which appears on top of page 17 on the amazon preview).  Another variation occurs on page 25 with the B. AND B.  appearing between the Aviation and Babbies Special Cocktail, and lacks that Atty Cocktail and the Balm Cocktail. 

My edition is the paperback, where as the online preview is said to come from the hard cover.  there are other minor differences I can see too, mine lists the publisher and date on page 4, where this page in the Amazon preview appears as page 6 without the information, just the graphic.  So although there are no differences recorded in publishing dates, there are definitely two editions.

Reed & Thistle

Reed & Thistle

My copy lists the Black Russian (exactly as I have written it above) on page 29 between the Biltrong Dry Cocktail and the Black Velvet.  The Russian as you have described is the bottom of page 138.  There is no White Russian.  One thing worth noting which may be of interest is I have encountered another variation in the Savoy's printings.  My copy, the first pages of Cocktails (Page 16 and 17) are different than those appearing on the online amazon preview. My edition lacks the three Absinthe cocktails with page 16 having only the Abbey and the Addington (which appears on top of page 17 on the amazon preview).