• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

&roid

&roid

20 hours ago, rotuts said:

@&roid 

Im a big fan of Tom Kerridge  

he knows what he is doing 

even more importantly , he realized he was getting

very round , and did something about it.

that book , and any other British cookbooks ,

by similar caliber GB Chefs is not available around

here

would you provide more details on that ' Hog ?"

he’s brilliant isn’t he. For all the reasons you say, a very very impressive chef and person. 

shame about the books, I’ve only made a couple of things out of this one but I love it already. His steak and chips dish took me the best part of nine hours but was so worth it. Every element was as good as I’ve ever made - fillet of beef, triple cooked chips, onion rings, a spectacular bernaise, cafe de Paris butter and an absolutely belting red wine sauce. 

the “hog roast” is a multi element pig celebration. I’m only doing the belly part and some of the sides today but the whole contains:

- rolled and Sv belly

- braised head meat croquettes

- stuffed trotter

- a salt crust bag of baked potatoes

- little gem salad with salad cream

- apple puree

- pork sauce 

I’ll post a pic from the book later

edit: just had a look and it seems the book is available in the US in the new year... or even on kindle right now...

https://www.amazon.com/Hand-Flowers-Cookbook-Tom-Kerridge/dp/147293539X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=hand+and+flowers+cookbook&qid=1608796206&sprefix=hand+and+flowers&sr=8-1

&roid

&roid

11 hours ago, rotuts said:

@&roid 

Im a big fan of Tom Kerridge  

he knows what he is doing 

even more importantly , he realized he was getting

very round , and did something about it.

that book , and any other British cookbooks ,

by similar caliber GB Chefs is not available around

here

would you provide more details on that ' Hog ?"

he’s brilliant isn’t he. For all the reasons you say, a very very impressive chef and person. 

shame about the books, I’ve only made a couple of things out of this one but I love it already. His steak and chips dish took me the best part of nine hours but was so worth it. Every element was as good as I’ve ever made - fillet of beef, triple cooked chips, onion rings, a spectacular bernaise, cafe de Paris butter and an absolutely belting red wine sauce. 

the “hog roast” is a multi element pig celebration. I’m only doing the belly part and some of the sides today but the whole contains:

- rolled and Sv belly

- braised head meat croquettes

- stuffed trotter

- a salt crust bag of baked potatoes

- little gem salad with salad cream

- apple puree

- pork sauce 

I’ll post a pic from the book later