• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

3 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

Why are you cutting it in half? Just take the legs and breasts off and use the rest to make stock. This is the easiest (and one of the most delicious) ways to cook turkey. I've done it for the past three or four Thanksgivings. I tend to go a little higher in temp on the breasts (136F-ish) but everything else is spot on.

Yes.  That makes sense. Thank you!

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

2 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

Why are you cutting it in half? Just take the legs and breasts off and use the rest to make stock. This is the easiest (and one of the most delicious) ways to cook turkey. I've done it for the past three or four Thanksgivings. I tend to go a little higher in temp on the breasts (136F-ish) but everything else is spot on.

Yes.  That makes sense.  But do I take the breasts off with the bone or should they be boneless?