• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

The brisket was right out of a very cold fridge prior to prepping it.   Smelled fine and was cryovaced from Costco.   No sign of further puffing after rebagging.  I’m not too concerned.  I ground up some of the trimmings for a very rich ~60/40 burger yesterday and today.   No symptoms of a problem.   Yesterday’s was a decent thick burger.   Felt a bit too fatty.  Today’s was a very thin pressed patty.  just right with good crisp browning 

I have done fridge aging of briskets in cryo in the past, like weeks without incidence.  This one was two days.  

770EDC3F-A4E4-44A7-B781-63ECC6E93FE9.jpeg

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

The brisket was right out of a very cold fridge prior to prepping it.   Smelled fine and was cryovaced from Costco.   No sign of further puffing after rebagging.  I’m not too concerned.  I ground up some of the trimmings for a very rich ~60/40 burger yesterday and today.   No symptoms of a problem.   Yesterday’s was a decent thick burger.   Felt a bit too fatty.  Today’s was a very thin pressed patty.  just right with good crisp browning 

I have done fridge aging of briskets in cryo in the past, like weeks without incidence.  This one was two days.