• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

Never had this happen with that cut, but every brisket I've SVd has been cured first, so this may draw out water.

Is brisket that wet? Pork loin and shoulder doesn't puff on me even though there are bag juices that could vaporize

On the other hand, the time the meat is in the temp zone where bacteria could grow is small, so I guess that would be unlikely.

gfweb

gfweb

Never had this happen with that cut, but every brisket I've SVd has been cured first, so this may draw out water.

Is brisket that wet? Pork loin and shoulder doesn't puff on me even though there are bag juices that could vaporize

gfweb

gfweb

Is brisket that wet? Pork loin and shoulder doesn't puff on me.