• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

It's what I'm hoping to be cooking sous vide tomorrow:  Amazon had pork tenderloin on sale.  And they actually sent it to me, unlike the salmon that was supposed to have been dinner for tonight.

As far as I can recall I've never cooked pork tenderloin sous vide before.  What are suggested times and temperatures?

It cooks so fast I've never SVd it. Usually its pounded and sauteed ...or browned and then roasted  for a 10-15 minutes at 350F.

I guess SV 140 F for  an hour.

But I'd brown and roast. Faster and reliable.

gfweb

gfweb

2 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

It's what I'm hoping to be cooking sous vide tomorrow:  Amazon had pork tenderloin on sale.  And they actually sent it to me, unlike the salmon that was supposed to have been dinner for tonight.

As far as I can recall I've never cooked pork tenderloin sous vide before.  What are suggested times and temperatures?

It cooks so fast I've never SVd it. Usually its pounded and sauteed ...or browned and then roasted  for a few  minutes at 350F.

I guess 138 F for 45v minutes or an hour.