• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I think we really are in agreement :

you can make it tender , but it wont be tasty

I doubt if the RB40  2 - 3 day ' refrigerator ' therapy will help much either

Id rather Sv than grind , simply because i do a lot of SV , even to 48 H

chilled and refrigerated For me it might be more palatable thinly cut in a ' Well Provisioned ' sandwich than a burger.

I don't make beef burgers often , but noted the other day , at a higher end family owned store

RocheBros , which has a decent service meat counter , freshly ground  85 % lean beef , mostly chuck 

but with other cuts that have taste added in if trimmings are available , is now $ 7.98 / lbs

I have not had it in a while ,l but can get just the right amount of meat I want for a burger , with good beef flavoour

making a decent burger  ( 1/2 lbs )  about $ 4 for the beef element.

rotuts

rotuts

I think we really are in agreement :

you can make it tender , but it wont be tasty

I doubt if the RB40  2 - 3 day ' refrigerator ' therapy will help much either

Id rather Sv than grind , simply because i do a lot of SV , even to 48 H

chilled and refrigerated For me it might be more palatable thinly cut in a ' Well Provisioned ' sandwich than a burger.

I don't make beef burgers often , but noted the other day , at a higher end family owned store

RocheBros , which has a decent service meat counter , freshly ground  85 % lean beef , mostly chuck 

but other cuts that have taste , is now $ 7.98 / lbs

I have not had it in a while ,l but it get you just the amount of meat you want for a burger , with beef flavoour

making a decent burger  ( 1/2 lbs )  about $ 4 for the beef element.