• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Topham

Topham

Eye of Round- at 131f for approximately 15hrs. 

Would probably go a bit longer next time, but it wasn't tough. No special preparations. At the first couple of slices with a microwaved poached egg. I'd have taken a picture but the egg exploded and didn't look good. 

In other news, I screwed up twice, once I somehow toggled the Anova off and it sat at a lethal temperature over night. The other, I left off the plastic wrap I normally use to trap the heat and moisture and too much water evaporated. 

Double checking is now part of my process, it gets expensive wasting meat

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

Topham

Topham

Eye of Round- at 131f for approximately 15hrs. 

Would probably go a bit longer next time, but it wasn't tough. No special preparations. At the first couple of slices with a microwaved poached egg. I'd have taken a picture but the egg exploded and didn't look good. 

I screwed up twice, once I somehow toggled the Anova off and it sat at a lethal temperature over night. The other, I left off the plastic wrap I normally use to trap the heat and moisture and too much water evaporated. 

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG