• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Sous Vide Cream-Poached Pork Loin

This was very, very delicious. The pork loin (~1.5 lb from Trader Joe's) was incredibly tender and this was not just the result of the sous-vide technique, but also the milk (I had tried another recipe with pork loin, same temperature and time, and it wasn't as wonderfully tender).

Sear then 4 hours @ 62.8C with onions, cognac, milk, crème fraiche.

Reducing the sauce before serving

Sous-vide cream-poached pork loin

Sadly I made a rookie mistake when I reheated the leftovers in a pot (with the sauce), because the meat continued to cook and became tougher/dryer and grey. Next time I will reheat the meat with the sauce with the sous vide.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Sous Vide Cream-Poached Pork Loin

This was very, very delicious. The pork loin (~1.5 lb from Trader Joe's) was incredibly tender and this was not just the result of the sous-vide technique, but also the milk (I had tried another recipe with pork loin, same temperature and time, and it wasn't as wonderfully tender).

Sear then 4 hours @ 62.8C with onions, cognac, milk, crème fraiche.

Reducing the sauce before serving

Sadly I made a rookie mistake when I reheated the leftovers in a pot (with the sauce), because the meat continued to cook and became tougher/dryer and grey. Next time I will reheat the meat with the sauce in the sous vide.