• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I'm a Total Wine and Costco devotee, I love both places, if you don't mind buying Kirkland brand alcohol, Costco wins in price, hands down. 

I love Total Wine's selection and they sell rare cordials in 350 ml, but they're not cheap. They're actually pricey, if not on sale.

For example, I saw Cointreau, 750ml for $40, and down the street at Lee's Liquor, Cointreau, 750 ml was $34. But Total Wine sells the 350ml for $20.

Of course, Costco's selection is so limited, but if you need a specific alcohol, I might know the price.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I'm a Total Wine and Costco devotee, I love both places, but if you don't mind buying Kirkland brand alcohol, Costco wins in price, hands down. 

I love Total Wine's selection and they sell rare cordials in 350 ml, but they're not cheap. They're actually pricey, if not on sale.

For example, I saw Cointreau, 750ml for $40, and down the street at Lee's Liquor, Cointreau, 750 ml was $34. But Total Wine sells the 350ml for $20.

Of course, Costco's selection is so limited, but if you need a specific alcohol, I might know the price.