• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

The taquerias here do carnitas very much better than Chipotle, but a carnitas bowl is still what I'm most likely to get if I'm at Chipotle. Less likely to get a barbacoa or sofritas bowl but I enjoy those, too. I don't like the gummy tortillas they use for their burritos. The cold condiments don't bother me because I always get takeout from Chipotle, and it gets zapped briefly in the microwave when I get home. I think Chipotle's guacamole is pretty good, but I don't care for their chips, so I just buy the guacamole and use supermarket chips at home.

Thanks for the warning on the queso. It's not something I'd be likely to get, but I'll definitely avoid it now.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

The taquerias here do carnitas very much better than Chipotle, but a carnitas bowl is still what I'm most likely to get if I'm at Chipotle. Less likely to get a barbacoa or sofritos bowl but I enjoy those, too. I don't like the gummy tortillas they use for their burritos. The cold condiments don't bother me because I always get takeout from Chipotle, and it gets zapped briefly in the microwave when I get home. I think Chipotle's guacamole is pretty good, but I don't care for their chips, so I just buy the guacamole and use supermarket chips at home.

Thanks for the warning on the queso. It's not something I'd be likely to get, but I'll definitely avoid it now.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

The taquerias here do carnitas very much better than Chipotle, but a carnitas bowl is still what I'm most likely to get if I'm at Chipotle. Less likely to get a barbacoa or sofritos bowl but I enjoy those, too. I don't like the gummy tortillas they use for their burritos. The cold condiments don't bother me because I always get takeout from Chipotle, and it gets zapped briefly in the microwave when I get home. I think Chipotle's guacamole is pretty good, but I don't care for their chips, so I just buy the guacamole and use supermarket chips at home.