• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Chipotle send me some coupons.

there is a new location about 3 miles from me.

so I went there and got the three soft corn carnitas tacos.

I decided to eat them there as they didn't look like they would enjoy even a short trip to my house,

and a free Chips and Queso.

Ive had the carnitas burritos and brought them home and microwaved then to get them hot.

the carnitas at Chipotle is not fried at the end of cooking , like most Tex-Mex places

which for me makes the dish.   but it was not bad.

the tacos were over all OK :   corn tortillas , heated and soft , a little brown rice , some black beans , carnitas

the some hot salsa , cheese , sour cream and lettuce.

I didn't see any chopped onions 

the problem is that all the condiments are ice cold.   when added to the hot items for your taco

the net effect is a cloddish taco.

now that queso ;  seems like cream cheese w pimento , melted into a hot glop w some green bits in it

it was awful .   just to review ;  awful.

I dumped it out immediately .   the chips were thin , crunchy w no memorable flavor at all.

Ill stick to an occasional carnival burrito and bring it home to the micro when Im too lazy to go one town

over for one of the best carnitas burrito Ive ever had :  pork crisped up from a small hole in the wal

where very tittle english is spoken and all the fillings are home made.

rotuts

rotuts

Chipotle send me some coupons.

there is a new location about 3 miles from me.

so I went there and got the three soft corn carnitas tacos.

I decided to eat them there as they didn't look like they would enjoy even a short trip to my house,

and a free Chips and Queso.

Ive had the carnitas burritos and brought them home and microwaved then to get them hot.

the carnitas at Chipotle is not fried at the end of cooking , like most Tex-Mex places

which for me makes the dish.   but it was not bad.

the tacos were over all OK :   corn tortillas , heated and soft , a little brown rice , some black beans , carnitas

the some hot salsa , cheese , sour cream and lettuce.

I didn't see any chopped onions 

the problem is that all the condiments are ice cold.   when added to the hot items for your taco

the net effect is a cloddish taco.

now that queso ;  seems like cream cheese w pimento , melted into a hot glop w some green bits in it

it was awful .   just to review ;  awful.

I dumped it out immediately .   the chips were thin , crunchy w no memorable flavor at all.

Ill stick to an occasional carnival burrito and bring it home to the micro when Im too lazy to go one town

over for one of the best carnitas burrito Ive ever had :  pork crisped up from a small hole in the wal

where very tittle english is spoken and all the fillings are home made.