• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, ElsieD said:

Here is my contribution, courtesy of Serious Eats, Slow Cooker Sticky Thai Meatballs.  I made a paste of lemongrass, shallots, garlic, jalapeños, fresh ginger and fish sauce.  Half of this was sauted for a few minutes and then I added Thai Chili Sauce (not the super sweet stuff), brown sugar, soy sauce and rice vinegar.  That got cooked for a minute then added some water.  This was left to simmer until it reduced by half.  This sauce was moved to the slow cooker and cooked for a further 8 hours.  At that point, chicken meatballs were added and cooked in the sauce for about a half hour.  The chicken meatballs were made by combining ground chicken, the other half of the paste, panko, an egg and some sliced green onion.

The meatballs were served on top of plain white rice and topped with a mixture of chopped cilantro, chopped unsalted peanuts, sliced green onions and fresh lime juice.  Very good.

image.jpeg

Elsie, those are the most delicious looking meatballs I've ever seen!

lindag

lindag

On 2/25/2017 at 7:25 PM, ElsieD said:

Here is my contribution, courtesy of Serious Eats, Slow Cooker Sticky Thai Meatballs.  I made a paste of lemongrass, shallots, garlic, jalapeños, fresh ginger and fish sauce.  Half of this was sauted for a few minutes and then I added Thai Chili Sauce (not the super sweet stuff), brown sugar, soy sauce and rice vinegar.  That got cooked for a minute then added some water.  This was left to simmer until it reduced by half.  This sauce was moved to the slow cooker and cooked for a further 8 hours.  At that point, chicken meatballs were added and cooked in the sauce for about a half hour.  The chicken meatballs were made by combining ground chicken, the other half of the paste, panko, an egg and some sliced green onion.

The meatballs were served on top of plain white rice and topped with a mixture of chopped cilantro, chopped unsalted peanuts, sliced green onions and fresh lime juice.  Very good.

image.jpeg

Elsie, those are the most delicious meatballs I've ever seen!