• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

liuzhou

Unexpected Food Gifts

12 hours ago, Shelby said:

*scratching @Kim Shook off of the "leave zucchini on the porch" list*

Hell, she even grates it up for you!

LOL!  I managed to pass a bag to my MIL today.  She is one of those people who physically suffers at the idea of wasted food.  You just hint that you might just toss it and she agrees to give it a home. 🤣

• Like 1

Jessica arrived with a bag of these last night.  A gift from a friend of hers who bought "too many" (how does that ever apply to blue crab?):

IMG_2971.jpg.835dbf5d9b64d2df3076a50725df7ec7.jpg

They are on a half sheet pan, BTW.  I am slightly steaming them in the CSO and picking them all today.  Hope to do something interesting for dinner tonight.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 2

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

Jessica arrived with a bag of these last night.  A gift from a friend of hers who bought "too many" (how does that ever apply to blue crab?):

IMG_2971.jpg.835dbf5d9b64d2df3076a50725df7ec7.jpg

They are on a half sheet pan, BTW.  I am slightly steaming them in the CSO and picking them all today.  Hope to do something interesting for dinner tonight.  

Looks like maybe enough. Half to eat while picking, half for crab cakes.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

Looks like maybe enough. Half to eat while picking, half for crab cakes.

Oh heavens - first time I got blue crab at the Korean market that had super fresh stuff I was a novice. My only crab experience was Dungeness which are hefty kids. . I had NO idea how many it took to satisfy. Husband bit his tongue at the meager meal and  was just  tad  grumpy. 

Edited by heidih (log)
  • Haha 3