• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

Warning:  long story:  We now have a cleaning lady who comes every two weeks.  She's has become a young friend which is lovely.  She's the age of our youngest.  She and her husband are financially worth ten of us.   I note that only because most cleaning ladies are not financially well off.  She owns the cleaning company but loves to clean and picks her clients according to some set of criteria...mostly old and to quote her own words concerning me... 'you really are a dear old lady'.  

Background now set.  Her husband has some kind of incredible job where he travels a lot and last month he and the other executives went on a fishing trip where he caught many salmon.  Neither my friend nor her husband like salmon at all.   Today, cleaning day, every second Tuesday, she brought me I'd say roughly $75.00 worth of freshly caught salmon frozen professionally in water.  I was stunned to put it mildly.  Talk about an unexpected food gift. 

I am now going to make her a raspberry pie ice cream.  Like my apple pie ice cream, but with raspberries. 

Oh, and feed her some salmon cooked by Ed in two weeks time.  She said she cooked it once and it was just awful. 

Darienne

Darienne

Warning:  long story:  We now have a cleaning lady who comes every two weeks.  She's had become a young friend which is lovely.  She's the age of our youngest.  She and her husband are financially worth ten of us.   I note that only because most cleaning ladies are not financially well off.  She owns the cleaning company but loves to clean and picks her clients according to some set of criteria...mostly old and to quote her own words concerning me... 'you really are a dear old lady'.  

Background now set.  Her husband has some kind of incredible job where he travels a lot and last month he and the other executives went on a fishing trip where he caught many salmon.  Neither my friend nor her husband like salmon at all.   Today, cleaning day, every second Tuesday, she brought me I'd say roughly $75.00 worth of freshly caught salmon frozen professionally in water.  I was stunned to put it mildly.  Talk about an unexpected food gift. 

I am now going to make her a raspberry pie ice cream.  Like my apple pie ice cream, but with raspberries. 

Oh, and feed her some salmon cooked by Ed in two weeks time.  She said she cooked it once and it was just awful.