• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

EnriqueB

EnriqueB

Wrong spelling

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Anna N said:

This is a British book and hence refers to British cuts of meat and uses the metric system to measure ingredients. It is also the product of a company that sells Sous Vide equipment, smoking guns, vacuum sealers etc.  I am not dissing the book as I don't own it and can't give an honest opinion but I am pointing out some things that might be of concern to North American readers.  

In fact I own the book and find it quite uninteresting. Barely any theory, and recipes that don't call my attention.

EnriqueB

EnriqueB

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Anna N said:

This is a British book and hence refers to British cuts of meat and uses the metric system to measure ingredients. It is also the product of a company that sells Sous Vide equipment, smoking guns, vacuum sealers etc.  I am not dissing the book as I don't own it and can't give an honest opinion but I am pointing out some things that might be of concern to North American readers.  

In fact I own the book and find it quite uninteresting. Barely any theory, and recipes that doesn't call my attention.