• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Well, I really don't know where to begin.  These last couple of pages of the dinner thread have my head spinning.  EVERYTHING looks amazing made by EVERYONE. 

I have a 'spatchcockish' bird (cornish hen) in the freezer; I have a can of hearts of palm that I am stalling on using; I have some Gruyere in the fridge and fresh eggs in the fridge (recipe please!!); I have some nice potatoes and we love scalloped potatoes with the baked cheesy top;  I have some steaks in the freezer; and now I want Kim's cucumber sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.  Tonight we are having Jerk Chicken and I bet you will never guess where I got the most awesome recipe for the sauce!  Martha Stewart.  Also have some baked okra; kind of a refried bean dish with plenty of garlic so it seems and some rice with mushrooms.  I hope to remember to take a picture for the gallery here.

Bravo everyone! cheers

ps, can't wait for our asparagus season...another month and a half.  I never buy out of season.  Just isn't as good.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Well, I really don't know where to begin.  These last couple of pages of the dinner thread have my head spinning.  EVERYTHING looks amazing made by EVERYONE. 

I have a 'spatchcockish' bird (cornish hen) in the freezer; I have a can of hearts of palm that I am stalling on using; I have some Gruyere in the fridge and fresh eggs in the fridge (recipe please!!); I have some nice potatoes and we love scalloped potatoes with the baked cheesy top;  I have some steaks in the freezer; and now I want Kim's cucumber sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.  Tonight we are having Jerk Chicken and I bet you will never guess where I got the most awesome recipe for the sauce!  Martha Stewart.  Also have some baked okra; kind of a refried bean dish with plenty of garlic so it seems and some rice with mushrooms.  I hope to remember to take a picture for the gallery here.

Bravo everyone! cheers