• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Much as I love cooking and eating, every now and again, I really can't be bothered. I don't know why. This evening was one of them. Usually when that happens I just go out to eat, but today I didn't want to do that either, so I reluctantly cooked the simplest thing I could think of at the time.

dinner.jpg

Slivered some pork tenderloin and marinated it in Shaoxing wine. Rice in rice cooker. Stir fried pork with garlic, ginger, soy sauce Sichuan peppercorns, chilli and sliced button mushrooms. Finished with some scallions. There was also some lettuce that was desperate to leave the fridge, so I wilted that.

It was OK. Not great. But OK..

liuzhou

liuzhou

Much as I love cooking and eating. every now and again, I really can't be bothered. I don't know why. This evening was one of them. Usually when that happens I just go out to eat, but today I didn't want to do that either, so I reluctantly cooked the simplest thing I could think of at the time.

dinner.jpg

Slivered some pork tenderloin and marinated it in Shaoxing wine. Rice in rice cooker. Stir fried pork with garlic, ginger, soy sauce Sichuan peppercorns, chilli and sliced button mushrooms. Finished with some scallions. There was also some lettuce that was desperate to leave the fridge, so I wilted that.

It was OK. Not great. But OK..