• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greetings from FOH PRO

FOH PRO

HI,

My name is E.J.  

I am here to connect with others who see the FOH as being their area of expertise,

and to share with those who's staffs could use a re-boot.

I am also a passionate home chef who has benefitted from living all over America.

Looking forward to whatever pearls and primers that might be found here.

Thanks!

Edited by FOH PRO
discernment haha (log)
  • Like 1

Welcome, E.J! We have a fair number of people here with restaurant experience, both front of house and back. You may find the Restaurant Life forum to be particularly interesting. My experience is limited to line cook at a burger joint, many years ago before I knew anything about cooking, so I can't do much more than welcome you.  Take a look around, join the fun - and if you have questions about where to find things, feel free to ask a host or post a question in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown