• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

a short coda  on the Pizza Place :

they were not , of course open on Thanksgiving , Christmas and Easter.

the Boston Marathon comes right through the main street W -> E .  which is of course not Main Street.

the owners  always has a card table out in front of the PP , which had a few other small shops and a very small parking lot.

they stood there and served runners  tasty town well water. with those paper hats they wore 

I asked him is his business suffered during that event , a holiday here. Bazillions come from far and near to see

so many people suffer , badly.

he smiled and said he couldn't make the Pies fast enough    you see you can't cross the street for about 4 hours.

so if you were really smart you chose his side of the street.  I live on the other side, so no pizza for me !

now days its more commercial with Gaator Aid stations etc  and a much swifter clean up all along the course.

years ago it too ages to clean up all the trash.

rotuts

rotuts

the Boston Marathon comes right through the main street W -> E .  which is of course not Main Street.

the owners  always has a card table out in front of the PP , which had a few other small shops and a very small parking lot.

he stood there and served runners  tasty town well water. 

I asked him is his business suffered during that event , a holiday here.

he smiled and said he couldn't make the Pies fast enough    you see you can't cross the street for about 4 hours.

so if you were really smart you chose his side of the street.  I live on the other side, so no pizza for me !

now days its more commercial with Gaator Aid stations etc  and a much swifter clean up all along the course.

rotuts

rotuts

he stood there and served runners  tasty town well water. 

I asked him is his business suffered during that event , a holiday here.